- Title: Can We Feed the World?: The Future of Food
- Author: Scientific American
- Pages: 256
- Publisher (Publication Date): July 15th, 2022
- Language: English
- ISBN-10, ISBN-13 or ASIN: 9781466842540
- Download File Format:EPUB
With global population numbers projected to increase by 2 billion by 2050, a veritable food crisis is on the horizon. In this eBook we examine some of the complex factors involved in the coming “food crisis” and the innovative ideas and technologies designed to increase food production sustainably. We also examine current industry methods to increase production and the controversies surrounding them, including not only hot-button issues like genetically modified (or GM) and processed foods, but also food safety and the physical effects of the modern diet.