- Title: Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America
- Autor:Jose Andres, Richard Wolffe
- Publisher (Publication Date): Clarkson Potter (November 8, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1400053595
- Download File Format: EPUB
A classic Spanish cookbook from José Andrés, a humanitarian, James Beard Award winner, New York Times bestselling author, and one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People.
Tapas are Spain’s gift to the world of great cooking: a fresh and fun way to eat with friends and family—and easy to make at home. Using simple Mediterranean ingredients, a tapas feast is a perfect combination of little dishes packed with big flavors. Tapas by José Andrés is the first major book in a generation to celebrate this world-renowned way of eating, from a man who is the best possible authority: an award-winning Spanish chef in America, with seven highly acclaimed restaurants to his name. Named Bon Appétit’s Chef of the Year, José is a star in American cooking, as well as the nation’s leading expert on Spanish cuisine. Having worked as a chef in the United States for two decades, he’s also a thoroughly American cook who draws on American ingredients for his inspiration, and is a master at translating his native Spanish cooking for this country’s kitchens. His simple and delicious recipes include:
• Fish such as American Red Snapper Baked in Salt; Monkfish with Romesco Sauce; and Basque-Style Stuffed Maryland Blue Crabs
• Chicken including Catalan-Style Chicken Stew; Chicken Sautéed with Garlic; and Chicken with Lobster
• Pork such as Chorizo Stewed in Hard Cider; Figs with Spanish Ham; and Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples
• Rice dishes including Lobster Paella; Black Rice with Squid and Shrimp; and Traditional Rice with Clams
All these recipes are full of tremendous flavor and creativity, as well as in-depth ingredient notes and a rich atmosphere that will transport you to the lush countryside, hip cafés, and sun-drenched coasts of Spain—and back again to dinner at home.