- Title: Rust Belt Vegan Kitchen: Recipes, Resources, and Stories
- Author: Meredith Pangrace
- Publisher (Publication Date): Belt Publishing (December 7, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10, ISBN-13 or ASIN: 1953368115
- Download File Format:EPUB
A varied, handy collection of Rust Belt culinary favorites, updated for today’s vegan diet.
The Rust Belt Vegan Kitchen is a community cookbook created by professional and home chefs who live and work in the Rust Belt. Recipes collected here represent the diversity of the region, and include vegan versions of:
• Polish pierogis
• Detroit coney dogs
• Hungarian paprikash
• Slovak kolaches
• Mexican conchas
• German sauerkraut balls
• Cincinnati chili
• Slovenian fish fry
• Chitterings, and many more.
The cooks and chefs collected here offer stories about their recipes as well as family and culinary traditions. The book also includes resources on how to stock a vegan pantry, guides to useful equipment, and basic how-tos for “veganizing” staples.
Infusing old world recipes with a new level of creativity for a changing audience, The Rust Belt Vegan Kitchen is unpretentious, accessible, and fun.