- Title: The Pastry Chef Handbook: La Patisserie de Reference
- Author: Pierre Paul Zeiher
- Pages: 728
- Publisher (Publication Date): Harry N. Abrams (November 15, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10, ISBN-13 or ASIN: 285708935X
- Download File Format:EPUB
All the information, guidance, and recipes you need to become a pastry professional—in a single book!
Comprehensive in its content and practical in its approach, The Pastry Chef Handbook addresses all the professional steps necessary for this demanding and fascinating profession. In addition to the examples illustrated by step-by-step visuals and essential cultural elements, the book covers nutrition, hygiene, service, and presentation. Beginner pastry chefs will be able to learn the basic rules and 100 preparation techniques—from making custard in a bain-marie to icing. Inside, there are also 100 detailed classical recipes ranging from Saint-Honoré to Opera. And with the QR codes integrated throughout the book, readers will be able to consult professional videos to perfect their know-how on the companion BPI Campus site.