- Title: Anthocyanins in Subtropical Fruits: Chemical Properties, Processing, and Health Benefits (Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals)
- Author: M. Selvamuthukumaran
- Publisher (Publication Date): CRC Press; 1st edition (February 21, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10, ISBN-13 or ASIN: 9781003242598
- Download File Format:EPUB
Anthocyanins are one of the powerful antioxidants that can alleviate several lifestyle diseases such as heart diseases and hypertension. They can reduce cancer by protecting cells against damage. Several subtropical fruits, including berries, plums, black grapes, apricots, and peaches, among others, are a rich source of anthocyanin. Consumption of these fruits will prolong the longevity of consumers; this is ascribed to the curative effects of anthocyanins present in those fruits. Anthocyanins in Subtropical Fruits: Chemical Properties, Processing, and Health Benefits discusses novel techniques adopted for the extraction of anthocyanins from various subtropical fruits.
In this book, experts in the field examine solutions for efficiently extracting anthocyanins from subtropical fruits with higher yield. Protocols for the commercial production of anthocyanins from various subtropical fruits with their applications are also discussed in detail.
• Addresses chemical properties, classification, and stability of anthocyanins during processing and storage
• Discusses the benefits of using both thermal and non-thermal processing methods for extraction of anthocyanins from various subtropical fruits
• Explains the applications of synthetic and natural anthocyanins in foods and their regulatory aspects
Providing comprehensive information on extraction techniques as well as the chemical and health properties of anthocyanins from various subtropical fruits, this book is a valuable resource for academic students, research scholars, and food scientists.