- Title:The Vegan Athlete’s Nutrition Handbook: The Essential Guide for Plant-Based Performance
- Author: Nichole Dandrea-Russert RDN
- Pages: 256
- Publisher (Publication Date): Hatherleigh Press (August 15, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10, ISBN-13 or ASIN: 1578269040
- Download File Format:EPUB
Using the latest research in sports nutrition, this handbook helps athletes maximize their performance, expedite recovery, and optimize their health through balanced, plant-based eating.
Debunking the myth that a plant-based diet and high-intensity athleticism just don’t mix, The Vegan Athlete’s Nutrition Handbook is a comprehensive guidebook for anyone looking to dive deep into the science behind plant-based eating and peak performance. Making the choice to switch to a plant-based diet shouldn’t mean giving up your gains — in fact, incorporating more plant-based foods may even give you an athletic advantage — provided you know how to properly fuel your body while eating vegan.
The Vegan Athlete’s Nutrition Handbook features:
• Breakdown of key macro and micronutrients in a plant-based diet
• The latest information on healthy supplements and dosing
• Over 25 flavorful and fueling vegan recipes
• Sample meal plans to create nutrient-rich, complete vegan meals
• Guidance on the top athletic concerns, including bone health and rapid recovery
The book provides expert guidance for everyone from weekend warriors to professional athletes, whether you are plant-curious, transitioning to a plant-forward diet, or want to refine your existing plant-based nutrition plan. With easy-to-follow vegan menus, recipes, tips, and tricks that can enhance performance, boost recovery and improve health, there’s no reason not to be a vegan athlete!